Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Backhome

It rained for quite sometime before I took the road. The wet road and the earth smells so sweet. The moist occasional breeze touch me all over frequently. It seems to tell me to be with it and feel it. The lofty mountains seem alive with their lush greenery. The spirit of the forest rejuvenates me again like it did always. The road I am on seems to lead me to everywhere from where I stand right now. The Laburnum trees that line the road have bejeweled themselves with clusters of intoxicating yellow blossoms. They will soon give way to long slender pods where birds of all kinds will come flocking around. The Gulmohar trees are also rich with their clusters of red flowers. They are simply irresistible.
During the night, the Temple tree (Plumeria Rubra) that are seen in profusion spread their sweet fragrance all around. It's sweetness seems intensified by the rain droplets. Then I come across a heap of pale white blossoms fallen on the ground. The aura around the tree is mesmerizing. They say it's a "Raat-ki-rani". The tree flowers tiny white blooms that are so redolent that moth and different kinds of insects fleet around it even during the night. Its redolence spreads far and wide. I can sense it till I reach home, till I ascend my bed and till I close my eyes peacefully. But I simply can't seem to fall asleep.

4 comments:

Moli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moli said...

I always pray I had flowery languages as yours... If I could let my feelings out as beautifully as you do..
Nice post yaar

Peyom said...

Oye master....thanks. But oye,kya baat kara raha hai.....you do write more eloquent than me.... Maybe I know names of more fowers than you...thats all...he he he

Abhinav said...

Really well expressed yaar it seems I am there